Honourable patronage over the event: President of the Republic of Poland Bronisław Komorowski
15.30 - MAIN COMMEMORATION IN THE TENT IN FRONT OF 'THE GATE OF DEATH' IN BIRKENAU
• welcome address - President of Poland Bronisław Komorowski
• the speech of the former prisoner HALINA BIRENBAUM
Halina Birenbaum was born in 1929 in Warsaw. As a child she survived the nightmare of the Warsaw Ghetto and camps: Majdanek, Auschwitz, Ravensbrück and Neustadt-Glewe where she was liberated in 1945. In 1947 she emigrated to Israel. A poet and a writer. Her writing is a testimony of the memory about the Holocaust, but also the expression of faith in basic human values.
• the speech of former prisoner KAZIMIERZ ALBIN
Kazimierz Albin was born in Cracow in 1922.In January 1940, he was arrested in Slovakia on his way to join the Polish Army then forming in France. On June 14, 1940 he was transported from Tarnow prison to Auschwitz in the first group of Polish political prisoners. In February 1943 he escaped from the camp. He described his experiences in books List Gończy and Postscriptum. Member of the International Auschwitz Council.
• the speech of the former prisoner ROMAN KENT
Roman Kent was born in 1929 in Łódź. He was a prisoner of Auschwitz, Gross-Rosen and other concentration camps. He was liberated together with his brother Leon on 23 April 1945 in Flossenbürg. In 1946 both of his brothers were allowed to leave to the United States together with other orphaned children Holocaust survivors. Roman Kent lives in New York. The president of the International Auschwitz Committee. The member of the International AUschwitz Council.
• A documentary film „Auschwitz”
• the address of Ronald S. Lauder on behalf of „The Pillars of Rememberance”
• a word of thanks - the Director of the Auschwitz Memorial Dr. Piotr M.A. Cywiński
• Jewish and Christian prayers (Kadish, El Male Rachamim, Eternal Rest, God of the Spirits)
17.00 - PAYING TRIBUTE TO THE VICTIMS AT THE MONUMENT IN BIRKENAU
Candles will be laid down by:
• Delegation of survivors
• Heads of state delegations
• "Pillars of Remembrance"
• Guardians of the Memorial
Time zone: CET
Organizers: Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum, International Auschwitz Council.